locked Re: "Like" for the email-centric (was First Impressions of Groups.io)

Mark,

Of course, this could be expanded to support any one word reply. But
that could be crazy.
Not unlike the palette of emoticons idea. Maybe the one goes with the other, for web and mail users respectively.

But there's a germ of an idea there. Often enough people try to unsubscribe from my Yahoo Groups by replying with the one word "unsubscribe"; this suggests that perhaps the one-word reply could be useful as an alternate form for some of the email commands.

This would also serve to teach our members to reply in complete sentences. Definitely bucking the Texting/Twitter/Facebook trend. ;-)

-- Shal