locked Re: Question about scheduled files

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

Yes, it is, but I didn't know you can send files till now. I just wrote some text to put in the calendar event's description. I now believe I deleted the message from Joseph Lee detailing how to send a file as part of a calendar event. Can someone please re-post as I may do this to my groups. Cheers!

On 18 Nov 2015, at 05:14, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Carlos, actually Joseph is correct there is a way of doing it. Christopher Holzworth, would possibly be able to provide the correct instructions in order to do this. I believe it's a little bit of interaction with the calendar, and also with the welcome message. But it can be done.
Joseph Hudson
Email
jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@yahoo.com

On Nov 17, 2015, at 11:10 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

I initially thought that the calendar could be used to send scheduled messages to the group, but unless I'm missing something, I don't believe that you can as it stands. However, there are other ways to send messages on a schedule. For now I have set up scheduled messages to be sent using Blat the command line mailer.
----- Original Message -----
To: beta@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: [beta] Question about scheduled files

Hi,
Didn’t Carlos (Tech Talk admin) have a solution to this? I think one way to “emulate” this is using calendar feature.
Cheers,
Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:54 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Question about scheduled files

I've been searching the beta archives and poking around in my test group's settings, but can't seem to find anything equivalent to the yahoogroup functionality of being able to schedule a file to be sent as a message to the group on a monthly basis. Did I miss it? Or is this replaced by some thing else?

My use case is that we have the group rules in a file that is scheduled to be delivered to every new member when they join AND is delivered to the whole group once a month. I found the place under Member notifications to add the content to the Welcome message (which I assume is equivalent to the "upon joining" scheduling), but am not finding a "deliver this monthly" option.

Green

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.