locked Re: Attachments

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

> It's easy enough to include links back to the website to view the
> attachments, and that's on the todo list.

Is it feasible to make those links work, regardless of whether the user is signed in? That's valuable for email-only members.

Everything's feasible in the exciting world of computer science! :)

My concern with this comes back to abuse. I don't want groups.io to become an image serving company. I would want to come up with a system to throttle image serving in case a URL gets out in the wild and becomes popular.. I can do it, but it'll be some work and I'm not sure about where this would rank in terms of priorities.

Thanks,
MarkĀ