locked Re: Editing messages

Ok, it's clear that I need to add functionality around editing archived messages. Here's what's been asked for:

- On an edit, the message gets resent to the group
- Edits from members who are moderated (or are in a moderated group), must be approved by the moderators
- Keep a list of revisions of each change (what changed and who made the change)
- Ability to delete all of my messages from the group

Am I missing anything? I'll need to ponder how best to do some of this.

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
Mark,

> Displaying who edited it (or even just Poster vs Moderator) would
> require a slight db change. Not a big deal if you guys think it's
> important.

Yes I do.

So at least if a moderator comes along and changes my words at least there's evidence for other members to see that I may not have written that stupid (or TOS-violating) thing that is now in my message.

Is there planned to be a one-button "delete all my messages in this group" ability? With moderators able to edit my words I'm not sure I'll ever feel safe leaving any behind. But at least having them marked as to who edited the message will afford me some ability to credibly disavow the message.

-- Shal