locked Re: Close and hide?

chris <challsworth2@...>

Mark, sounds good, also how about the ability to close a thread after a period of time set by the owner plus moderator? This can be done with hashtagged threads already but what about any type of threads?

On 07/11/2015 18:10, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,

Maheen's inappropriate message last night has me thinking. I've closed the
thread, so there will be no responses. The message doesn't belong in the
archives at all, but if I delete it right now, then it won't be closed
anymore (because all traces will be removed from the system) and someone
may inadvertently respond to it. I could just wait a few days and then
delete it, but that's only if I remember to do so. So that got me thinking
that maybe an additional option is needed.

Tell me what you think of the following: In addition to a Close Thread
option, there would be a 'Close and Hide Thread' option. It closes the
thread and makes it disappear from the archives/search, except for owners
plus moderators with the edit archives permission. Hidden threads could be
unhidden. There would not be an option just to hide a thread without
closing it as well.

Am I overthinking this? I dislike adding options that aren't needed/useful.
Would you use this? Is there a better way to solve this problem?