locked Re: Close and hide?

On 7 November 2015 at 18:10, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Maheen's inappropriate message last night has me thinking. I've closed the thread, so there will be no responses. The message doesn't belong in the archives at all, but if I delete it right now, then it won't be closed anymore (because all traces will be removed from the system) and someone may inadvertently respond to it. I could just wait a few days and then delete it, but that's only if I remember to do so. So that got me thinking that maybe an additional option is needed.

Tell me what you think of the following: In addition to a Close Thread option, there would be a 'Close and Hide Thread' option. It closes the thread and makes it disappear from the archives/search, except for owners plus moderators with the edit archives permission. Hidden threads could be unhidden. There would not be an option just to hide a thread without closing it as well.

Am I overthinking this? I dislike adding options that aren't needed/useful. Would you use this? Is there a better way to solve this problem?