locked Re: “Media sharing” groups

chris <challsworth2@...>

Yes it freaking rocks all right!

On 07/11/2015 07:55, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
Apple Music freaking rocks! That's all I can say about this topic!

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Hallsworth"
<challsworth2@icloud.com>
To: <beta@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 1:57 AM
Subject: Re: [beta] “Media sharing” groups

Hi Mark

Great job, I don't support it either especially now I can stream
whatever I want for a monthly fee, plus am a music lover as well, I
don't think it matters how they are shared as the recipient(s) have not
paid for the material in the first place so have no right to upload or
download them whatever may be the case. As a result I do not run or
assist with these groups! Smile.

On 06/11/2015 23:08, Mark Fletcher wrote:
All,

It’s been brought to my attention that there are a set of groups
hosted on
Groups.io whose sole purpose is piracy, the sharing of copyrighted
material
such as movies and music. The material itself is not sent through
Groups.io, instead links to file sharing sites are passed around. I have
not asked our lawyers if this is technically an illegal use of
Groups.io or
not, but I do know that this is something that I do not want to support.
So, starting next week I will be deleting the groups I’ve been made aware
of (with advance notice sent to the group owners, of course).

I don’t know if any of those group owners are on beta@, but I wanted
to get
it out in public that these groups are not welcome here. Fortunately, the
vast majority of groups that we host do not fall into this category..

And not to have this message be a complete bummer, let me say that I
think
one of the very best things about the Internet are the communities it
enables; I truly believe they are making the world a better place. I
continue to be inspired by all you awesome people using Groups.io for
great
things.