locked Re: Email delivery problem

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:
Wonder what, in general term, was the issue.  Did the mail server crash?

Yesterday afternoon I modified the message footer templates to include links to mute any hashtags associated with the thread (there’s one template for plain text messages and other for HTML messages). I tested the changes to make sure they worked. Unfortunately, right before I pushed them live, I made one small change to the HTML footer to add a blank line. I thought the change was innocuous, and pushed it to the site without testing. The change broke the template, and the mail server was set to just drop messages when this happened.

I fixed the footer template, and I also changed the mail server so that instead of treating errors like this as a failure to deliver the message, it should continue to retry the messages.