locked Re: What is Facebook 2 (was Calendar is live)

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

The other factor that was considered Facebook-like was opening up a reply inline with the message, and not providing for a quote of the original message (marked with the standard plain-text > indentation) in the edit box for the reply. This, alas, is replicated in Groups.io, leaving those who read by email in the dark for context. It also makes it difficult for me to practice my preferred style of interspersed quote and reply when addressing a longer message, or any message with more than one point.

Yeah, that's a missing feature. It's on the todo list.

Many of us were more comfortable with a Reply interface that more closely resembled an email message composition window after clicking "Reply".

Not sure I understand. Click Reply and have it refresh to a new window instead of opening up inline?