locked Re: Delete Account

chris <challsworth2@...>

Well you could add it but don't make it too easy. I am able to delete my accounts from certain sites, but not without several confirmations first.

On 26/10/2015 18:38, rajmund wrote:
Hello Mark,
If, you add it, I would recommend a few email confirmations. That way, the person would also have to have passwords to email addresses, too. But, I'm happy, either ways.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>
To: beta@groups.io
Date: Monday, October 26, 2015 5:03 pm
Subject: Re: [beta] Delete Account

Hi Ella,

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Ella Yu <ellaxyu@gmail.com> wrote:

I would like a feature to be able to delete your real groups.io account and I've noticed that some of the buttons don't click. The HTML should be checked.

If you'd like your account deleted, please email support@groups.io and we'll happily delete it for you. The reason it isn't available on the site is that it's not reversible. If a malicious individual were able to get your password, they could then delete your account. At least with the extra step of having to email support, that risk is reduced.

A question to the group, am I being too careful in not allowing people to delete their accounts on the site? Should I add it?

Sent from a Braille Sense