locked Re: Bug in message formatting - strikethrough doesn't "stick".

Jim,

Would strike-through come through anyway in plain text, which is how I
and many others always read email?
Not if you have your email client or service set to show you the text/plain part of a multipart message. My own preference for plain text notwithstanding, I think you "and many others" are a vanishingly small minority, getting smaller all the time.

If it's showing something significant about the edit, another way of
doing it might be more appropriate.
Arguably true of Bold or any other text formatting as well. But that wasn't the point - this was a bug report not a comment on preferred practice.

-- Shal