locked Re: Weird changes to viewing/accessing options re messages?

chris <challsworth2@...>

I agree with you totally. Yahoo and Google sucks lol. Not really but you get the idea. Groups.io however does not suck and if my groups survive over a year unlike they did with Yahoo or Google or even Emissives this would be a dealbreaker for me.

On 12/10/2015 03:34, David P. Dillard wrote:

It also could and should be added that this service is innovative and
has a very caring leader. The big leaders in the field, Yahoo and
Google, can not be reached when there is a problem and could care less
whether or not their group services work or do not work. Thanks again
Mark for all that you do.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

..

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Adam,
On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Adam P <adamtexanguy@outlook..com>
wrote:

Used to be, if I wanted to get to the most recent posts, the
best way to do this was to click on the posts for the
month. Does that make sense? Like, for example, on my homepage,
if I clicked on the hyperlinked numeral associated
with the month of October, I'd be taken to a display that
started with posts from October 1 and beyond.

That was a bug that was introduced yesterday afternoon. I had
re-written a bunch of the code that dealt with paging through
messages and threads, to clean up the code and to fix a couple of
other bugs. With larger changes like that, I like to wait until
the weekend to push them to the site, when traffic is lower, and when
any new bugs would affect fewer people. That bug snuck in.
I saw the bug, unfortunately after I had already pushed the updates to
the live site, but I did not have time to fix it then.
It's fixed now.

May I respectfully ask, what the fuck is going on? Is there
something I missed and I'm being totally moronic? Or is
something major-ly effed up?

I work hard to make sure they don't, but bugs happen. That's software
development for you. It's fine to report them here, and I
appreciate all reports of course. But what is absolutely NOT
ACCEPTABLE is that language and tone. Keep it civil or I will have
to moderate or ban you.