locked Thread Handling

Hi, I have some difficulty with Group members who only use E-mail and never visit the site.   They insist on including the full text of the original e-mail in each and every reply, and say they want this in order to be able to understand threads fully.

I do understand this, but it doesn't half clutter up the threads on the Web site!

Two things might help :

1. Is it possible to have the threads as a push-down stack, which is generally how people see e-mails when they arrive?

2. I notice that sometimes, previous e-mails included in an e-mail are suppressed and only open on pressing a little three dots symbol.   This seems like a great idea - is  there any way of making this happen all the time instead of just sometimes?

Best Regards
Alastair Sharp