locked Re: Need publicly viewable archive option in subgroup #suggestion

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

That said, I'm bumping into one seemingly needless restriction that is blocking one use I have in mind. The main PTA group has publicly viewable archives, and one of my subgroup use cases also needs publicly viewable archives, but that's not an option. I'd want this in addition to the existing choices (viewable by parent group members & viewable by subgroup members). Listed in parent group.

In fact, I could see a use case for publicly viewable archives in a subgroup of a parent group whose archives are members-only.

I just pushed the changes so that this is now possible. Sub groups can now have public archives. The permissions system currently works the same as it did before, however, so that you can't make a sub group's archives 'less' private than they currently are. So, if you have an existing sub group and would like for the archives to be public, let me know off-list the names of the subgroups and I'll manually set the archives to public.

Cheers,