From: Shal Farley <shal@...>
To: beta@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Allowing non-subscribers to post

Vickie,

> Any reason you can't use a *help desk* *email* created for each group
> shared by all moderators of that group?
> It can be placed next to the join option?

Even though there are links in the footer of each email message, most of
the people I'm concerned with probably wouldn't notice those links and
may not trust them even if they do see them. Such people wouldn't find
the help desk.

> Do you think it would look more professional with a help desk email
> on the front page?

There are already the Group Owner and Help addresses listed on every
group's front page. The +help address gets an automated response that
pretty much repeats what's on the front page. The +owner address gets
forwarded to all moderators and owners.

I can imagine creating a "Help Desk" button that combines those two
ideas, but operates on the web interface rather than simply being
mailto: links.. But that would be a whole new topic.

-- Shal