locked Re: Allowing non-subscribers to post

Vickie,

Any reason you can't use a *help desk* *email* created for each group
shared by all moderators of that group?
It can be placed next to the join option?
Even though there are links in the footer of each email message, most of the people I'm concerned with probably wouldn't notice those links and may not trust them even if they do see them. Such people wouldn't find the help desk.

Do you think it would look more professional with a help desk email
on the front page?
There are already the Group Owner and Help addresses listed on every group's front page. The +help address gets an automated response that pretty much repeats what's on the front page. The +owner address gets forwarded to all moderators and owners.

I can imagine creating a "Help Desk" button that combines those two ideas, but operates on the web interface rather than simply being mailto: links. But that would be a whole new topic.

-- Shal