Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Download member list question with Windows

Linda,

> .... I don’t think that list owners, previously from Yahoogroups, will
> be pleased at having to go through all those hoops to get what, prior
> to Neo, had been available with a single click (download). Just my
> opinion...

Having a "lite" version of the Members list export, which gives only the
email addresses one per line (as in the Y!Groups classic "Download") is
certainly a feature request Mark can consider. I'd like to find a better
way to describe it though, as "Export" versus "Download" was not very
intuitive for many people (though it became pretty obvious once you
tried it).

The other difference here, versus Y!G classic, is this business of
having to download the file to open it, rather than having the plain
text simply appear in a browser page (where you could copy/paste or use
Save As, per your own preference). I'm not sure what the technical
considerations are, and certainly for groups with thousands of members a
copy/paste could be problematic, but for smaller groups it is nice to
remove the extra steps.

That said, I'm of the "but why would you ever want just the email
addresses?" camp. Because I don't understand it, I may not be the best
at describing what you want.

-- Shal