locked Re: Attachments

On 15 November 2014 17:44, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
I personally _hate_ this "feature" of Y! Groups. All attachments sent through groups..io are sent along to the subscribers.

​Good; "Like" ✔

My preferred setting before "neo"​ was "no attachments" which meant no MIME and each post was displayed in the default style of the mail client.

So there were no big downloads of pictures to delay the dial-up connection, no viruses or malware in the html and every post looked the same - the default text and style - no 48-point Comic Sans in Neon Purple from the extroverts.

Now I find that setting Yahoo to "no html" means that mails *with* html are bounced - so I have to put up with "HTML - No Attachments" which retains that 48-point Comic Sans - or whatever.

I'll agree that " HTML - Include Attachments as links" is the worst of both worlds.

Groups IO should encompass attachments in-line or added.