locked Question, is there a way to ban a member without approving them?

Hi all
I will not go into any names here, but the subject says it all. Is there a way to ban members without approving them? If not, there should be. On our groups, we have a member who persistently joins under different email addresses, some of which look nowhere near like the members' real name. We are sick and tired of approving them only to find out we didn't want them. So we then have to go in and ban them.
Any answers greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Chris