locked Re: Need publicly viewable archive option in subgroup #suggestion

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

I'm finding great uses for sub-groups in my PTA group - it is an awesome feature that I never knew I needed.

Glad to hear!

That said, I'm bumping into one seemingly needless restriction that is blocking one use I have in mind. The main PTA group has publicly viewable archives, and one of my subgroup use cases also needs publicly viewable archives, but that's not an option. I'd want this in addition to the existing choices (viewable by parent group members & viewable by subgroup members).

Hmm. At first blush I can't see a reason to not add that. One question: what would be the allowed changes to this setting? Right now, you can't go from viewable by subgroup members only to viewable by parent group members. Would you be able to go from viewable by parent group members to publicly viewable? I'm guessing no? So there'd be two 'one way only changes' with archive visibility for subgroups?