locked Re: Editing messages

I just pushed a change to the site where edited messages now display an 'Edited' label at the top right corner. That was easy because it didn't require a database change. Displaying who edited it (or even just Poster vs Moderator) would require a slight db change. Not a big deal if you guys think it's important.

Edits are logged in the activity log (when and who did it).

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Chris Leong <walkraft@...> wrote:

I was only suggesting saving the last edit time and editor. I think it is important for transparency to know if it was edited by the OP or a mod.

On 12/11/2014 10:34 PM, "Ian Gillis" <tessel.bas@...> wrote:

On 12 November 2014 08:50, Chris Leong <walkraft@...> wrote:
What if there was a note indicating that the message had been edited by a particular user on a particular date? That might curb potential abuse.

​Chris,

That could get complicated; multiple edits and associated version control would produce a list of dates, times and people.

IMHO the single word "Edited" together with an update of the post time is sufficient.

And "potential abuse" - by whom? If only originators and editors are allowed to edit, where is the risk?

Also, maybe Ronaldo's concern about email subscribers not seeing subsequent edits could be alleviated by a resend after edit?

regards,
Ian