moderated Re: Weird topic-locking behavior in a particular group #misc #bug

OK, I see it is a "group" FYI notice after all, so that part is fine, bad interpretation on my part.  The last part in my previous message though, about the notice dropbox not showing afterwards in TopicProperties, is a bug and should be fixed.

Another thing that added to the confusion is that the owner's manual doesn't explicitly mention in the "Locked Topic notice" section that this notice is a "group" notice and gets sent to the group and not to any poster who tries to reply.  It is mentioned in the two later sections, "Locking topics" and "Editing the properties of topics in the archive", but those two come further down in the manual so if one reads just the "Locked Topic notice" section they can miss that bit.

Cheers,
Christos