From: "ALPS Micro Dry printers Group Moderators" <ALPS+owner@ALPS.groups.io>
To: "ALPS@ALPS.groups.io" <ALPS@ALPS.groups.io>
Subject: [ALPS] Re: Help
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 14:56:21 -0700

Looking at the headers in Tbird:
From: "ALPS Micro Dry printers Group Moderators via groups.io" <ALPS+owner@...>
To: "ALPS@ALPS.groups.io" <ALPS@ALPS.groups.io>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 14:56:21 -0700
Sender: ALPS@ALPS.groups.io
And there is more weirdness about this:

- There's nothing in the log regarding this stray message, just the normal topic-locking entry for the original topic.
- A new topic with the same title as the locked topic gets created.  If I unlock and relock that same original topic, another notice gets sent to the group and it now threads under the newly-created stray topic.
- I can lock that stray new topic and in that case no additional message gets generated.
- Message moderation doesn't seem to make a difference, at least the "Moderate First Topic Message" vs Unmoderated.
- I can reproduce this in the above (premium) group but I cannot reproduce it in a free test group or another premium group, locking a topic there behaves normally.  I didn't test any more groups.

I tried the usual clear & restart browser, different browser, different PC, log out & back-in, didn't help.  I did upload a few PDFs and created a generic link (to a group topic) in Files in this group but that shouldn't make any difference.

I left for now those newly-created stray topics in that group for your examination.

Cheers,
Christos