moderated Re: What happens when a group is Locked? #misc #suggestion

Andy I

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 08:21 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
... The only time that we automatically lock groups is when a premium or trial group is downgraded to free, we lock any subgroups, because subgroups aren't allowed for free groups. ...

The Owners Manual needs to be corrected.  Here is what it says:

"(Groups.io systematically locks a group when it is a free Basic group that (a) was created after Monday, February 8, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time, (b) upgraded to Premium, (c) gained more than 100 members, and (d) later downgraded back to Basic. That group is locked until the member list is reduced to 100 members or the group is upgraded again.)"

And later:

"Note: Groups.io systematically locks a group when it is a free Basic group that was:
  1. Created after Monday, February 8, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. U.S. Pacific Time
  2. Upgraded to Premium
  3. Gained more than 100 members
  4. Later downgraded back to Basic
"That group is locked until the member list is reduced to 100 members or the group is upgraded again."

Neither place says that only subgroups were locked.

(Note that I cherry-picked those quotes out of the Owners Manual, and there is every chance that I missed something near those quotes.)

In other places, the manuals do say that it applies only to subgroups.

Andy