You use that link to access your site.

How would a hacker get that email message/link?

Marlin

On 6/30/2015 3:24 PM, Steph wrote:
I have a question regarding this.
People find anyway they can to hack people's accounts.
So, how would this keep the hackers out?  That is my only concern.

Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 11:25 AM
Subject: [beta] Eliminate passwords?

Hi All,

A new trend seems to be to eliminate passwords in logins. See this article about Medium, which outlines the approach:

What do you think? We already have a class of users that don't have passwords - people who subscribed via email, and if they ever want to log into the website they have to either go through a social login, or go through the 'forget my password' flow. It would make things more consistent to just say that nobody has a password. To log in, if not through Facebook/Google, then simply enter your email address and you'll be emailed a link to log in.