locked Re: Answers to question re my "eGroups" suggestion; thanks for all your helpful replies. #suggestion

Dave Wade

-----Original Message-----
From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken
Schweizer
Sent: 26 January 2022 22:55
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Answers to question re my "eGroups" suggestion; thanks
for all your helpful replies. #suggestion

We must remember the older folks needed a car manual to adjust the
timing. The new car manuals says not to drink the liquid from the battery
when thirsty.
Actually, I have yet to find an owners manual that says not to drink battery acid. Most modern batteries are "sealed for life" and its not easy to drink the battery acid.
Its also impossible to adjust most parts on the engine, so no point in saying how to adjust the timing. Its all optical, there are no points to gap and clean.
The tappets are general hydraulic so self adjusting. Last time my car had a fault it needed a firmware upgrade.

My son asked me about engine tuning.
I said well in my day you polished the manifolds to improve air flow. Fitted bigger carbs, high lift cams, perhaps bigger valves, skim the head for higher compression ratio...
... these days you just re-program the Engine Management Unit....

The world has moved on

Dave

“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you
do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ―Chuck Yeager