locked Re: Answers to question re my "eGroups" suggestion; thanks for all your helpful replies. #suggestion

John Wirtz SF

In defence of Steve!

I think the chosen few who are consistently contributing to this site with very few real answers to problems raised were particularly heavy handed in their rejection of a member’s suggestion of a possible name change.  No discussion, just rejection!  He’s posted a humble explanation of where he is coming from and it still prompted a reactionary reply from Duane.

Calm down folks and use this platform to report technical problems and then allow the person who knows the answer to come back.  That would be far more useful to us then all the one liners that don’t contribute to the technical problem being considered.

I was similarly lambasted for suggesting that group privacy is protected if one insists on knowing the identity of those who wish to join groups.  I ask for their full names and I don’t think one has refused.

So, Steve as far as I am concerned, the only person who was entitle and qualified to answer was the site owner.  I believe he has now done so.

Back in your boxes, be useful or be gone…

John Wirtz