locked Re: we need a better name for this website! so that people can remember it easily! how about "EGROUPS"?!! Please comment!!!! #suggestion

Joseph Hudson

Steven, I'm sorry but I cannot before this proposal, because it has been groups.io since the very beginning of the service and I've been a part of the service since the beginning. And I think that would make a lot of us have to change our group addresses and everything else and I think that would just be a big problem for a lot of people. May I make a suggestion, that you send them a link to your group homepage, that way that they can market as a favorite so that they can remember where your side is located.

On Jan 25, 2022, at 7:02 PM, Steven M via groups.io <sm890.geo@...> wrote:

hi everyone. I have a suggestion; we need to pick a much better name for this site!!! I have been trying to repeatedly tell other about this site and its great features!!! there is just one problem.... they forget the name of the site or how to find it, within  ten seconds after I have told it to them repeatedly!!

No one remembers the name "groups.io. they forget the name ten seconds after they talk to me... even if I said it to them ten or twenty times!!!

  • so here's my suggestion: can we please call this site "eGroups"?

Do you see the benefits of using this as a name?!! since that was the original name anyway!!

How about we attach that name to this site, where it truly, truly belongs??!!! or how about we call it "iGroups"??!! either of those seem fine to me!! please reply, and let me know what you think. I appreciate any and all feedback, comments, ideas, etc.

Thanks!!!!

Steven