moderated Re: #suggestion - default sort in database #suggestion

Jim AF3Z <jagoudie@...>

Mark,

I’m not talking about anything arbitrary.  The admin of that group would pick which column to sort by.
Perhaps a simple checkbox could be used to indicate the column by which you want the table to be sorted.

Thanks
Jim

Jim Goudie   —  jagoudie@...
610 Kraybill Church Rd
Mount Joy, PA 17552

On Jan 24, 2022, at 11:24 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 8:22 AM Jim AF3Z <jagoudie@...> wrote:

I would love to see it possible to set the sort function in the databases to default to a column other than ID.  We use it for scheduling and it would be so much better if it automatically sorted by our day/time column.

For an arbitrary database, how do I pick which column to sort by?