moderated Re: #suggestion Need a way to disable the option for members to subscribe to only special messages #suggestion

Malcolm Austen

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:22:57 -0000, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 10:19 AM, Malcolm Austen wrote:
If No Mail is turned off, then Special Notices Only has to still be there.
Why? Why does it have to still be there, in the case (as with the OP) where they plan to send no special notices anyway? I'm arguing devil's advocate here. I do think there are OTHER reasons why special notices should not be turned off.

I'll put it differently ... there has to be a way to elect not to receive the regular group traffic by email.

If No Mail is turned off then the only option left is to select Special Notices Only.

Maybe the proposal should be for a list owner to be able to disable either of Special Notices Only or No Mail ... but NOT to be able to suppress both.

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen - email: malcolm.austen@...