moderated Re: #suggestion Need a way to disable the option for members to subscribe to only special messages #suggestion

Andy

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 01:03 PM, Bill Hegardt wrote:
... Subscribers wonder why they receive no email at all and have to change their subscription option.
They ask the group owner why they're not getting any messages causing more work for admins.

Hmm, that's interesting.  I can sympathize with members for expecting frequent Special Notices.  But on the other hand, why should anyone expect them?  A group is what the owner(s) make it to be, and if they don't use Special Notices (in 2022), so be it.  It shouldn't need justification.  There is no Internet rule that says all groups must send at least two Special Messages every month.  I'd expect that they would be very rare.

Just MHO, but I believe this is a problem for members who expect the group to work differently than it does.  Not a problem for the group.  I do think members should continue to have that option, even if it means they won't receive any messages, until a dozen years from now when a new Owner wants to send Special Notices.

Andy