moderated Re: Members still see options to upload files when they don't have permission to #bug

Chris Jones

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 02:13 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
I just found that members that do not have permission to upload new files still see the button with the drop-down menu to do so but each option does nothing. Should the button be shown at all?
It is perhaps worth comparing the above point (which I can confirm!) with the situation in respect of Photo uploads; If a member does not have photo upload permission then the photo upload button within an album is simply not there.

So IMHO the answer to Andy's question is "no", for simple consistency between Files and Photos operations.

Chris