moderated Re: If a member is moderated, also moderatoe their photo uploads #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 07:29 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Maybe it’s a slippery slope, but it’s one I think we should be sliding down. It seems like currently, moderated members still have too much carte blanche. These could be group options if necessary to appease some.
J -- I would be very much in favor of adding more granularity to permissions (re: the thread Duane referred to from six years ago).

I have several subscribers that need to upload material to the Files area. I would like to grant them that permission without giving it to everyone. As it is, I have to make them Moderators -- with all that entails -- and prohibit it for ordinary Members. It's proven rather clumsy in practice.

But unless I've misread something, that's not what you're asking for -- you asked the new material to go into moderation. "Moderating" uploads (and/or wiki entries or whatever) create a whole new level of difficulty. Do pending uploads count against your quota? How long are wiki drafts left in pending? How do you deal with two pending edits that conflict with each other? All these questions have to be answered.

All that aside, can we at least agree to abandon the notion that it should apply to photo uploads only? Too easy to circumvent...need to do it right or not do it at all.

Regards,
Bruce