moderated Re: #misc Disappearing Database #misc

Pamela Tatt

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 04:13 AM, JohnF wrote:
Any chance the app is incorrectly showing the "Delete Rows" button, and she butt-deleted them?

Just throwing out ideas....

JohnF

 On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 04:13 AM, JohnF wrote:
Any chance the app is incorrectly showing the "Delete Rows" button, and she butt-deleted them?

Just throwing out ideas....

JohnF

 John the person concerned says she was not on the computer at the time this happened and has not been on the database page for several weeks.

Mark, I have asked her some questions and following are the answers.  Her son works with computers and apparently knows his way around them -- I could not get to speak to him unfortunately.

 'I have had an in depth discussion with my son and he is of the opinion that it is not "at my end" that the problem lies.
He has asked why you have had to re do the data base.  Do you not have a backup?
Also, is there not an  IP Address associated with the command to delete?  This would tell us where the instruction originated.

My son says it is a very complicated area but the ip address which is attached to all computers would be able to tell us where the command came from eg China, India or Sunshine Coast. Somehow, my email address has been attached to a command to delete, without me being involved.!

I did run my anti virus yesterday and got a "no threats found" result.  Just to make 100% sure that I am in the clear, I asked my son to run his latest and up to date anti virus programme (he can access my computer as a team viewer) that he uses for work and that has come up with the same "no threats detected" result.'

I hope you can get to the bottom of this as I would hate it to happen to anyone else.
Thanks for everything you do,
Pamela