moderated Re: Provide option to disable ability of members to delete their posts #suggestion

That will never happen. It seems to be thought of as a legal requirement to allow them to do this. I disagree with that (although IANAL) because they grant groups.io indefinite rights to publish. But this was battled several times and it's not gonna happen.

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 10:19 AM Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
Actually I think this is a Bug but since the ability doesn't currently exist, I can't call it that.
I've just noticed that one of our more "inventive" members has deleted 9 of his posts over the past 5 years.
This finding was the result of a review and discussion of one post containig an unverified statement that cause potehtiial professional harm to a medical speciaist.
I thought that we had a selection that limted post deletion to the Owners/moderators.
I think it's very important to have the option to prevent individual member from deleting their own posts because it changes reality.
We are now possibly unable to prove where that particular piece of (probable) misinformation came from.

--

Bob Bellizzi
FuchsFriends@groups.io online  support  group for corneal dystrophy patients & caregivers