moderated Re: Change wording of "vote now" link in polls #suggestion #done

Glenn Glazer

On 01/04/2022 14:54, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 2:13 PM Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 04:39 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
... I think the ideal solution would be to have a custom Click Here To Vote link that automatically logged people in. ...

Hmm.  I don't like a link that automatically logs you in.  The member might forward the email to others, and then others have access to their GIO account.

That's already the case with the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.

Mark

I would assume that if someone forwarded such a link to someone not in the group the link referenced, that the latter person's clicking on the link would not cause any changes to the group and just take them to an error or home page. Correct?

Thus, for a poll, it's the same as if they used the email they got from the group if they are in it and a no op if they aren't.

Best,

Glenn

--
#calcare