moderated Re: Change wording of "vote now" link in polls #suggestion #done

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 12:18 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I know this will be hard to believe, but in the first poll I created in one of my groups (the one for my neighborhood), only three people figured out how to vote, and one of them is a techie. Hardly anybody understood the "vote now" link.
This is typical of my experience with polls.

Even if they do click on the link, most of them will be presented with the login page.

Several replied via email (even though the poll text specifically says not to do that), one emailed me offlist to say she "couldn't figure out how to vote in the poll," etc.
For what it's worth, you can keep subscribers from replying by email with appropriate settings on the #poll-notice hashtag.

I know, I know, how could they not get it? But maybe the link could be changed to say "click here to vote" instead of "vote now"?
Until we can figure out some way for people to vote without logging in, I don't think anything will help much.

Regards,
Bruce