moderated Re: Members - Filter multiple choices do something funny #misc

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 10:39 PM, Andy wrote:
If a moderator goes to Admin - Members, then clicks Filter, and checks off more than one checkbox, sometimes the result is questionable and probably not correct.

If I check both "Not Confirmed" and "Bouncing", I seem to get both groups of members.  Maybe.  It's more than either group alone.

But if I check both "Not Confirmed" and "Banned", I get a list which appears to be only a subset of the Banned members, none of whom also show as Not Confirmed (of course).  I have no idea what it means.

And if I check both "Bouncing" and "Banned", it looks like I get a mixture of both - but not all of them.  Strange.
It's doing what it's designed to do.  The options on the filter list are grouped and separated by a horizontal lines. Options within the same group are logically 'OR'd so selecting Not Confirmed and Bouncing will give you those members that are 'Not Confirmed' OR 'Bouncing'.    The different groups are logically 'AND'd so selecting Not Confirmed and Banned will list those that are 'Not Confirmed' AND 'Banned' which is why you see a subset of those that are just 'Not Confirmed'.

Regards
Andy