moderated Re: Make available printed manuals #suggestion

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 11:24 AM, Andy wrote:
I think the point here is that the provided PDF files are not formatted for printing.  I want to suggest (to whoever prepares those PDF files) that they be changed so that the margins are correct for printing and binding
It would be very easy to adjust the current PDF for printing and binding:

a. Define a custom paper size, a hybrid US Letter & A4 combo having the narrower width of A4 and the shorter height of US Letter.  This way the PDF prints with no problems on either paper size.

b. Add a very small amount of extra left margin to account for binding.

Then it's up to the person to print it, whichever way they can or see fit.  Problem solved.

Cheers,
Christos