moderated Re: Make available printed manuals #suggestion

Joseph Hudson

Hello, what about an option to just print the manual that's already on the site. That way you could just print it yourselves I think that would be more feasible.

On Dec 12, 2021, at 6:03 PM, Dr. MC Black <mcb@...> wrote:

Please, PLEASE, P L E A S E have a printed manual.

I find it impossible to follow instructions given "on screen" because I have forgotten what was suggested by the time I have gone back to the application.

There is  a series of books "The Missing Manual" which would  NOT exist if people did NOT want a printed manual.

I appreciate that lots of people don't want a manual.

My view is  that if somebody is  selling an application (for hundreds of pounds) the additional cost of offering a printed manual would  be infinitesimal - especially if it was supplied on request rather than "in the box"

Of course that argument does NOT apply in the case of Groups.IO

MC Black (Dr.)