moderated Re: Chrono order is reversed when you click on new selection criterion in activity log #bug

The files section is usually in reverse chrono order (latest first). When you click on a column, it reverses. That should not happen. I think it’s the same mechanism and  problem as the activity log issue originally described (by me) in this thread, and which Mark said was fixed. I can’t see any conceivably reasonable scenario where you’d want the years-old files to be listed first.

On Dec 11, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 07:32 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
This is still, or now, or again (or whatever) a problem when viewing Files. If you click on, say, Date uploaded, it displays them with earliest first, and you have to click on the column again to see the most recent first.

Is that a problem?  I think that is considered normal, listing files in increasing date order.  As far as I know, it's always been this way.

Of course there may be a question of what you want to consider "normal".  Clicking on "Name" or "Type" or "Size" all do the same thing: one click = ascending, two clicks = descending.

The Activity Log is different, because one would always want to see the newest entries first.

Andy