moderated Re: Photo Size vs Photo Load Time #misc

Mike Hanauer

Thank so much, Bruce.

At home, I am on DSL which for me is only 1Mb. That might sound awful, but email, web browsing and even TV streaming work fine. But the slower speed might amplify the problem - and indicate that there really is more data to be downloaded from the 150KB photos than the 1MB photos. Strange.

If I go somewhere with high bandwidth (15Mb+), the problem is less noticeable.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts here. I do wonder if it has to do with the storage algorithm on groups.io for JPEGs.

AllTheBest.

    ~Mike

On Monday, November 15, 2021, 01:40:23 PM EST, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

Mike -- Based on that setting, photos are downscaled for storage, but are upscaled for display. I was going to suggest that your browser may be taking some time in doing that, but if you're using Chrome (as I am), that seems unlikely.

In fact, I've tried my best to replicate your experience to no avail. It's for that reason that I failed to respond to your initial post in GMF. I suspect I am not alone in that.

I do hope you get this figured out.

Good luck,
Bruce