moderated Re: Photo Size vs Photo Load Time #misc

Mike Hanauer

I'm looking at the photos via web, photos, using Chrome.

The ones that were there before I changed to:
Photos
Permissions
Members can view, moderators can upload
Who can view and upload to the group photos section.

Max Size In Photos Section
Resized to a max of 488x488
Automatically resize photos uploaded to the photos section that are larger than a specific size.

Are about 1 meg. the newer ones uploaded after the 488x488 change are about 150kB
Yet the older ones display much faster even though at least the file size is < 1/5 the size.

Love some insight here?  Thanks.

Consider Better, not Bigger. So many advantages. Just ask. USA adds a Chicago to our overpop each year.
"Still more population growth is not our way to a healthy community, a healthy planet, OR enjoyable cycling."

    ~Mike

On Monday, November 15, 2021, 11:57:10 AM EST, Andy <ai.egrps+io@...> wrote:

Are you downloading the photos, or displaying them in the webpage?  Groups.io might be taking longer to re-scale and image the file for you on the fly in your web browser.  It might be faster to just right-click Download and open it in your computer instead of the browser.

Bear in mind -- my use of "download" may not be the same as yours.  When I say "download" I mean transferring it as a file to my computer.  When I open or display an image in the web browser, that is not what I would call a "download".

Andy