moderated Message to Member Anomaly #misc

Chris Jones

If an owner (or moderator) sends a message to a member with the member's entry in the Member List as the starting point then the resulting Message appears in the Activity Log. This is the method described in the Owners Manual, albeit without any reference to the Activity Log.

However, if the same owner / moderator sends the same message to the same member with the starting point being the "Email" tab in the Member Profile then there is no record placed in the Activity Log.

I have not labelled this as a #bug because I suspect that this behaviour may be deliberate, but it is not necessarily expected that the two methods will have different results.

Mark; can you confirm (or otherwise) that the two methods of sending a message to a member have subtly different outcomes by design, with there being no evidence trail of any message if it starts from the Member Profile? And if it is deliberate can I suggest that there is note to that effect in this section of the Owners Manual?

As far as I can see there is no difference in what an owner "sees" between the two methods so there is no warning that one route will not be recorded as an "Activity".

Chris