moderated Re: Strip winmail.dat file from incoming group messages #suggestion

David M

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 3:34 PM Bruce Bowman <<mailto:bruce.bowman@tds.net>bruce.bowman@tds.net> wrote:

Outlook inserts a winmail.dat file in virtually every outgoing message. Only other Outlook clients do anything with it.

I suggest stripping these so they do not continue to proliferate as useless attachments.

Do we know if any other email service (Gmail/Yahoo/etc) strips these attachments?
Gmail converts them so no need to strip them.

Need to be aware that while they may be RTF versions of the text in a message, they can also be files added as attachments. Multiple files actually, since all attachments are bundled up into one winmail.dat file.

David