moderated Re: Strip winmail.dat file from incoming group messages #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 01:21 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Do we know if any other email service (Gmail/Yahoo/etc) strips these attachments?
Mark -- My own provider...tds.net...does not strip it; it arrives in a separate MIME part just as groups.io sent it. I cannot speak to what other providers may do.

I'm not so concerned about what arrives in email as what builds up in the message archive. I see no reason to store it if the online message reader isn't going to render it.

Regards,
Bruce