moderated Re: Change "Moderated" hashtag new topics so only the replies are moderated #suggestion #bug

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 9:43 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Since this just came up in docs, I want to add here a point I made there but did not sufficiently emphasize here: If a hashtag marked "Locked" is applied to a topic on topic creation, only the replies are locked (i.e., bounce), which is correct behavior. Because imagine what would happen if Locked behaved the same way as Moderated currently does, namely, if it applied even to the first message. In that case the first message itself would bounce, locking even the topic itself out of existence.  You couldn't even create the topic. So at minimum, the behavior of a hashtag with these two attributes is inconsistent.

But..... the behavior is consistent with the No Email, Special and Use by Mods Only flags. You could say that it's the Locked flag that's inconsistent. :-) As you know, I do love me my consistencies, but I think in this case, everything is as it should be.

I'm happy to add/change the descriptions of the various flags to make them more clear, but I don't see a compelling case to change the existing behavior.