moderated Re: Strip winmail.dat file from incoming group messages #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

Within a business environment where everyone else is using Outlook then these winmail.dat files can and do serve some purpose. In a mailing list where the client of the recipient is not standardized I still assert that they are superfluous and should be deleted.

If a sender "should" configure Outlook to keep it from sending them that's fine, but it's not part of my #suggestion.

If groups.io is capable of parsing this file and translating it all into html that's also fine, but it's not part of my #suggestion.

Regards,
Bruce