moderated Re: Strip winmail.dat file from incoming group messages #suggestion

Dave Sergeant

They are I understand a result of misconfigured Outlook. But they are
INTENDED attachments and often the very reason why the post was made in
the first place. There are online tools to decode them and convert them
into normal files. The sender should be encouraged to change his
Outlook settings instead of just deleting things which he really does
want us to see.

Dave

On 8 Nov 2021 at 15:15, Bruce Bowman wrote:

Outlook inserts a winmail.dat file in virtually every outgoing message.
Only other Outlook clients do anything with it.

I suggest stripping these so they do not continue to proliferate as
useless attachments.

http://davesergeant.com