moderated Re: Really lock a topic #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 10:56 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
My conclusion from this experience is that my preference would be to make "Post to locked topics" a mod permission. It solves Bruce's problem without the need for (1) a fix to the "moderate-first-message in a topic that doesn't exist yet" bug (I'm still calling it a bug) and (2) the need for group owners to understand the esoteric process of putting a locked topic on moderation in order to control posts to it by other mods.
Well, I feel obligated to violate my own rule not to post to this thread again.

The proposal above doesn't really solve my problem. Two of the worst offenders are co-Owners, not Moderators. One of them is the President of the parent organization. Making this a Moderator permission would not head them off. And as previously stated, I don't want to start moderating posts that should have been bounced in the first place.

I've considered this carefully, and from where I stand, disabling this via a Message Policy checkbox is the only way to go. But obviously, I've lived with it this long, so it can't be causing me terrible hardship. No one on my end is being malicious, they simply aren't thinking about it. If the proposal never gets any traction, so be it.

Regards,
Bruce